Friday, March 20, 2009

We ♥ California

Last weekend, Steve and I took a trip to Southern California. We were both in desperate need of a break from Utah (I'm sure that some of you who are in Utah temporarily can relate:) We decided to stay the night in Vegas to split the 10 hour drive up a bit. Steve, being amazing as always and knowing how picky I am about hotels, let us stay at Planet Hollywood :) Our room had a view of the Bellagio water show and was absolutely perfect!!! Steve was "preoccupied" for most of the night, so I had the room to myself. I just relaxed, gave myself a pedicure and thoroughly enjoyed not being in Provo...

The next morning we drove the 4 hours to Valencia. We stopped by Charlie Brown Farms for milkshakes and to look around at all the bizarre things they have there :)

We spent the next couple of days with Kimi and Wes Llewellyn. They are only the most amazing people on the planet! We went to Hollywood and Highland, the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street and drove down Rodeo Drive (even though Steve didn't know what it was). Sunday was our last day there and we spent most of the day with Kimi, Wes and the Aguirre's. We stopped by a BBQ with everyone before we left. We got to see Kimi's sister, Jessica and her adorable twins, Ethan and Bridget.
We're finally back in Utah and we're just hanging in here for 5 more weeks and then.... GRADUATION!!! YAY, STEVE!!!

4 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

your not moving away after he graduates are you??
if you are then we BETTER plan something in the next 5 week, or else!!
*and i beg to differ, kimmy might juts be the 2nd more amazing person in the world...after me of course!!

Alexis said...

Hey! this is Alexis Hansen!! your blog is so cute!!! I also have a blog it's lexiep.blogspot.com!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Hi! I am so glad I got caught up on everything today! I still cannot wait to meet you! I don't think we have anything planned for the 25th so I will see you there! If you ever want to talk (I know we don't know each other well) but I will always be here for you if you need anything!

My email:
krissybear32@hotmail.com

I'm glad you guys had a fun time in So-Cal! Hope to see you soon!

Love Always,
Kris

Kimberly said...

That weekend was super fun and we were so happy that you guys came down. I just hope that you will be living down here soon. It would be so fun to actually live in the same state as you for once!