Olivia is getting so big it is driving me insane!!! She's really becoming her own little person with the greatest personality :) For example, she woke up to nurse around 6:00am this morning, so I brought her in bed with us. She fell asleep, but about 20 minutes later she woke up having a little hissy fit! I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what her problem was until I picked up this sweaty little munchkin. She was only wearing a onesie and a little pajama dress, so I pulled her little dress up to expose her legs and within 2 minutes she was out. She is definitely her father's daughter. He can't stand being hot and I'm pretty sure his body just runs at a higher temperature. We usually wake up to her talking to herself or blowing bubbles. When she's in bed with us after an early morning feeding, she will typically caress our faces or grab our noses until we wake up and then she has a HUGE smile waiting for us :) She is a super smiley baby and her smiles are becoming less spontaneous.
She is doing so great with her tummy time and only poops out occasionally :) When she's on her elbows, she can roll over onto her back, but I'm pretty sure that the three times she's done it, it was coincidental, shhhh, let's not tell her that though. Her newest development is being able to keep her head level with her body when you pull her up from lying on her back to a sitting position. She can also push her body weight up from a sitting position to standing. Her leg workouts have definitely paid off :)
She usually has about 5 or 6 hours of awake time and will nap for short periods of time throughout the day. Yesterday she slept for 2 hours though... heaven :) She is starting to entertain herself a little more with talking and blowing bubbles. She enjoys watching Mommy get ready in the morning while sitting in her bumbo or bouncy seat. She also loves the tv... which worries me slightly :) She will twist her head in every direction to see it. In the morning, we will put Dora or Baby Einsteins on and she talks to the screen and kicks her feet in excitement. I think she just likes the sounds and lights, which I'm ok with. She sleeps really well at night and will fall asleep all on her own. We'll put her in bed, give her her pacifier and her musical seahorse(my favorite and her favorite) and she'll fall right to sleep. If she doesn't quite fall asleep before the music stops playing she'll fuss until we turn it on again and then... she's out :)
She loves her Daddy and gets so excited when he plays with her. He loves balancing her on his hands and she loves it, too :) She doesn't like to be held like a baby anymore :( She likes to be held facing out so she can see e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. If she starts crying with you it's because she wants to see what's going on around her. She can be a little poop and prefer Mommy and Daddy over other people, but she's getting better. She differentiates between people she knows and new faces. She has even looked at someone new, looked at me, looked back at them, quivered her chin and then full out cried!!! WHAT!? Aahhh! She was super sensitive the entire week after her 5 shots, but we've seen a major improvement lately :)
Her doctor is wonderful and thinks that Olivia is doing great! She is ahead of schedule with all of her milestones and is right on target with her growth. He was very impressed with her ability to hold up her head while on her tummy and even put his hands behind her feet and allowed her to push off of them and scoot forward on the table. She is smaller than most babies her age, but she's a girl, so I'm not worried :) She's just long and skinny. Here are her stats from her last appointment:
Weight: 10lbs. 7oz. (just below 50%)
Height: 24in. (75%)
Head: I can't remember, but it was in the 75-90% . She has a big head apparently :)
Along with getting bigger, she is also getting more hair!!! Aunt Jenn is an amazing hair stylist and gave Olivia her first trim :) She did great and we got some adorable shots of her getting her hair done! We are so blessed to have such a healthy, happy, beautiful, little girl. She helps us count our blessings :) We are enjoying this time of her life, but we're also excited to see her grow and interact more with others. I can't wait for her to get excited to see cousin Noah and make him play girly make believe with him :) Just kidding, Jenn :) I'm sure I'll be washing lots and lots of dirty clothes and giving lots of baths when they get together when they're older :)
Aahhh!!
Falling asleep with her Seahorse ♥
Ignore me in this video :)
Her first laugh :)
9 comments:
Thanks for the update! Those videos are adorable! Her laugh is too cute, and Steve's burp- not so much! Lol! You guys are such great parents! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. Did you get my message I sent you on facebook? :)
She is so darling! I love the videos!
Josie got a glow seahorse for Christmas from her Grandma and she loves it, she always ties to put it in her mouth but it is still a little heavy for her to pick up all the way so she gets mad at it until I put it closer for her, hers is blue though not pink.
so noah was with me in the office when he heard your voice and demanded to see where you were and when he saw olivia he pointed and started laughing. I asked him "where's olivia"? and he pointed again to the screen...so cute how he knows you guys!!
Awww your boobs are huge :) Lol, I loved nursing!!! She is adorable hehe :)
The videos are great especially the one where she laughs. Josh's mom said that she got Chase to laugh the other day, but I haven't heard it. Can't wait!
adorable!!!!!
I loved it! Thanks for writing all those updates down- it's fun to hear all about Olivia! I so wish we could hang out- Liv and Reine would be such good friends! I loved the videos- so cute. She's getting so big! And it's so fun to see Steve and as papa- you guys are adorable!
why did that last video make me laugh my face off?? cute cute baby. i'd love to see more temple pictures...sad i wasn't there. love you guys.
Post a Comment