This past weekend, we ditched the bambina(sadly) and headed up to Lake Tahoe. It was our first time away from Olivia, so we took advantage of every single second :) We drove up on Saturday afternoon, checked into our place, went to the Hard Rock Cafe in the Harrah's casino, ordered tons of food and watched the Giants game at the bar with a TON of Giants fans. I have to admit(don't hate me, Dad) that I might be a... gulp... Giants fan. Gasp! Barry Bonds is no longer an official Giant, therefore, I feel ok about this new "LIKE." Needless to say, we were ecstatic when they won!!
After the amazing win, we checked out some of the clubs and decided on two... The Opal and Blu at the Montblue hotel and casino. Steven and I have never gone dancing together, so we were SOOOO looking forward to it!! We left our place a little after midnight and danced until after 3am. We both LOVE dancing, so we--I'll quote Steven on this one-- "did it up!" We are planning on making this a regular thing for us we loved it so much.
Sunday was another wonderful day despite the 50mph winds and cold, rainy weather. We walked around an outdoor shopping mall downtown under the protection on the awnings. We found Olivia a darling souvenir while we were there. Sunday night we ate a late dinner and headed back to our condo and watched Pretty Woman together.
We woke up on Monday morning to a light blanket of snow outside. By the time we left though, the snow was just on the peaks of the mountain. The sun was finally out and we were leaving :( We were sad to leave, but so happy to get home to our baby!
Lake Tahoe is beautiful and we are planning on heading there more often. We LOVE it there. Can't wait to take Olivia back with us!!!
After the amazing win, we checked out some of the clubs and decided on two... The Opal and Blu at the Montblue hotel and casino. Steven and I have never gone dancing together, so we were SOOOO looking forward to it!! We left our place a little after midnight and danced until after 3am. We both LOVE dancing, so we--I'll quote Steven on this one-- "did it up!" We are planning on making this a regular thing for us we loved it so much.
Sunday was another wonderful day despite the 50mph winds and cold, rainy weather. We walked around an outdoor shopping mall downtown under the protection on the awnings. We found Olivia a darling souvenir while we were there. Sunday night we ate a late dinner and headed back to our condo and watched Pretty Woman together.
We woke up on Monday morning to a light blanket of snow outside. By the time we left though, the snow was just on the peaks of the mountain. The sun was finally out and we were leaving :( We were sad to leave, but so happy to get home to our baby!
Lake Tahoe is beautiful and we are planning on heading there more often. We LOVE it there. Can't wait to take Olivia back with us!!!
♥
STEVEN'S BIRTHDAY PARTAY!!
♥
Steven turned 26 on the 25th. I love celebrating birthdays, but most especially celebrating those of the people I love. And there is no one I love more than my honey bunny, stinker bum, pupa, baby, Esteban :) He is beyond wonderful....98.99% of the time. Sometimes I can't help but brag about him, but most often I feel like our life, marriage, and love is too special to share with others so publicly and impersonally.
.
Today is a day where I feel justified in publicly praising my husband for all that he does not only for me, but for our present and future family. With his parents, he owns and runs a successful, growing property management company in the Bay Area. He puts his heart, soul, sweat, and tears into building this company and we are certainly starting to reap the benefits. We will continue to see the rewards of his sacrifices in the years to come. I know this because whatever my husband does, he does well. He is successful with whatever he sets his mind to.
.
Although I pretend like I am smarter than Steven, I know that he is brilliant. He amazes me with all that he knows. He is a BYU business school graduate if you didn't know. Yes, that would be me bragging about my genius husband :) Speaking of genius, one thing that attracted me to Steven when we first started dating was his grammar. Haha! As lame as that might sound, I am such a stickler when it comes to homophones, spelling, punctuation, etc. In the past, it has turned me off so bad that I've broken up with guys because of it. Steve has never once made me cringe. We emailed and texted quite a bit in the beginning of our relationship and I was immediately hooked the moment I read his witty, grammatically correct inquiries and, of course, replied with equally witty and grammatically correct responses only to hook him right back :) Naturally, it worked ;)
.
Like I said, our relationship began over a series of calls, texts, e-mails, wall posts, gchats, and eventually some pretty unforgettably awesome dates. I will forever be indebted to Dylan Patterson for recommending me for the job at Icon Security in January of 2008, to Nate Benson for hiring me, to Matt Sterzer/Jake Taylor/Val Gregory for promoting me to Executive Assistant, to Steven Clegg, Sr. for speaking at the retreat I needed to book his flight for, which eventually lead to a thank you trip booked for him and his gorgeous son by yours truly to see BYU get killed by UCLA in March of '08, which then lead to some pretty serious flirting between the sexiest man alive and me. Thanks to some hula hoops, the Flash, Chili's Chocolate Molten Lava Cake, many a late night "talks", a really awful trip to Vegas for Steven's high school friend's wedding that made the term "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" take on a whole new meaning, amazing bike rides, a very loooong phone conversation with my future mother-in-law, a road trip from Utah to Chicago, a scheming future sister-in-law, a very expensive flight from Chicago to Utah, rose petals, tea light candles, sentimental love notes, our song playing on an ipod, a gorgeous ring, and the man of my dreams walking down the hallway to dance with me and get down on his knee to ask me to be his wife for eternity. Fate was working hard to get the two of us together and thank goodness we listened :)
.
Steven, you are my everything. Thank you for being an amazing man, friend, luvah(lol), husband and father. I would say brother and son, but I don't know how they feel about you. Just kidding :) Thank you for giving me all the love you possess. I am honestly the luckiest woman in the world to have you for my husband forever. Literally.... for-ev-er!! Hells ya, baby!!!!
.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
I loooooove Lake Tahoe. It is simply gorgeous. Something fun to do there in the Summer is float down the Truckee River. Perfect for families.
Wish I could have joined you!
Looks like you two had an awesome time together! Its so nice to be alone for a change, even tho you miss your kids but everyone needs the break! Glad you guys had fun. You look great Jen!
Happy Belated Birthday Steven! So glad that you two were able to get a way and had so much fun in Tahoe. We'll for sure have to go clubbin' some time all together...add some fist pumps in there. lol
That is one of the sweetest blogs I have read! Happy Birthday Steve! We love you too! :)
Post a Comment