Friday, January 21, 2011

Too Preoccupied to Blog :)

I really have no motivation to blog at the moment. I will eventually change over the Merry Christmas blog background and blog header, I promise. It just won't be today. Or tomorrow. Or Sunday. Maybe Monday....maybe?? Yup, that's a question that even I don't know the answer to :)

So, now that I actually took the time to get on my blogger, I guess I am in the mood to write a little somethin' that I was thinking about yesterday when I was on a walk.....

It's the middle of January and I was able to walk to the park in the late afternoon in flip flops and a light sweater, pushing my little peanut in her stroller. We were both content with the sun warming us while the breeze kept us cool. It wasn't hot by any means and may have been a little cool had we not been on the move or bundled up a bit, but it's January and I'm on a walk and not cold or having to plow snow out of my way to make a path. I was revelling in this simple blessing. Yes, I said blessing and I truly mean it. I am NOT a snow person by any means and I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful state with equally beautiful weather. Would I rather be in Southern California where it's in the 70's and 80's right now? Uh, that's a no brainer, but I am 100% satisfied right where I am. It was an epiphany, folks. I have had conflicting thoughts and feelings about the Bay Area and although we've only been here for 10 months, I might just be a fan. MIGHT is the key word. I'm in the process of falling in love with the Bay Area, but I'm hesitant. Here's to hoping we find a house under $600,000 that we'd like to buy and then I'll be ready to truly make the plunge into full on LOVE and a complete commitment :)

6 comments:

Aub said...

You just might want to fall in love with the Bay before you buy a house. lol

Chantalle said...

Good for you :) And it is totally possible to find a great house under 600,000! (not easy, but possible!)

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh! $600,000???? Wow. That's like triple the cost of a house that I hope to be able to afford at some point. If you're ever doubting where you live... be grateful it's not Laramie, WY. LOL! It's taken me over a year to even LIKE it here.

Joe and Renee Williams said...

dang it is expenxive to live in CA- do I wish we could live there YES! Am I totally jealous that you have warm weather in Jan! YES! Do I beg Joe to take me to CA every other day to escape these 15 degree temps? YES! Will we ever move to CA? Most likely NO :(

Lindsay said...

yay a post!! I'm glad you're liking where you are- nothing worse than being unhappy! I would give a LOT to go for a walk with a light sweater on right now! :) Good luck finding your dream house!

Lindsay said...

yay a post!! I'm glad you're liking where you are- nothing worse than being unhappy! I would give a LOT to go for a walk with a light sweater on right now! :) Good luck finding your dream house!