Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cruisin' :)

Steve and I went on a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada in January. We went with Steve's cousin, Aubrey and her husband, Josh. We had such a wonderful time despite my irritability when in comes to crazy elderly Asians. I try really hard to be positive and express my feelings in a polite manner, but I honestly could NOT control myself at times. Lol! Do not mess with me people! Haha!

My only other complaint --not that anyone wants to hear me complain-- was.... I am not a huge fan of large crowds of people. I get pretty anxious and irritable. I don't know if it's the case with all cruise lines, but I was shocked at the line we had to stand in to get on the ship. It was insane. It wasn't single file and people were pushy entering the security area and I just wanted to elbow someone. Lol! What is with the violence today, Jen?! Seriously. Anyways, due to some coincidences and luck, we were able to bypass about 1 1/2-2 hrs worth of line and go straight to the front :) Me gusta!


We loved our room; it was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was far bigger and better than I had anticipated making for a very happy cruiser :) The first day at sea was relaxing and fun, but we were definitely looking forward to our excursions in both destinations.

In Catalina, we rented a golf cart and drove all over Avalon. It was beautiful with absolutely perfect weather for the drive. Aubrey and Josh went on a wildlife viewing excursion on a little boat(Aubrey's probably laughing at my explanation on their amazing excursion) and saw tons of dolphins. Their videos and pictures are unbelievable!! After we arrived back to the small strip of shops and restaurants in town, it was freezing and windy, so we ate some lunch and headed back to the ship to get ready for the formal night.

In Ensenada, we rented ATVs and took them on a fun 45 minute drive from the ship to La Bufadora. We walked the shops down to the coast and bought a couple of souvenirs. The tide was out, so La Bufadora wasn't so spectacular :( It was still a fun trip and I'm glad we made the trek out there to see it :) On the way back, the ATV... drum roll, please... broke. It died on a two lane highway in the middle of nowhere Mexico. Was I happy? No. Was I a little paranoid? Yes. Did every bad scary movie scenario run through my mind? Uh, heck yes!! After successfully starting it back up twice only to have it die once again, we finally had zero luck on attempt numero tres and they had to send someone to save us. We made it back safely and with appetites raging. WE walked a few blocks to a local authentic restaurant with yummy food. Their rice and beans were delish. Ensenada was muy awesome :)
Our last day we were at sea. We laid out and got some sun and ate our weight in food. I wish we had more time just to lay in the sun while we were on our cruise. Maybe next time...

We loved our cruise! Loved the company, loved the experience, loved the relaxation and sunshine :) We're ready for our next one... although we'll probably change to Princess. Who agrees with me on this one?? Kimi? Dad? Anne?
P.S. I forgot to charge my camera and we only had 1 bar of battery :( Hence the very few pictures I took. I stole some from Aubrey....hope she doesn't mind!!
Catalina Island
There's our ship!!!
Stupid broken ATV. Boo!!
Authentic Mexican. Yummmm!
Hello, sunshine :)
Hey there, Aubrey! Enjoying the sun, a good book, and a daiquiri :) Those were delicious!

4 comments:

Chantalle said...

That is so fun! I recommend Princess for sure- although for Mexican Riviera they only have 7+ night cruises which is why we don't go often, but we have been twice and they were great! You are brave for eating in Mexico, and I am glad it was awesome! One of John's brother's served his mission in Tijuana and has digestive problems to this day so their mother won't let us eat there :) Catalina sounds awesome, I would love to go there! Cute pics, you make me miss all the sun!

Amy said...

Sounds fun! Minus the broken Atv of course. I would have flipped out! I'm so not a trooper in those situations (:

{Rollins Family} said...

what a BLAST!!

will you plan a vacation with us sometime soon??! :)

Angenelle said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Gosh you are gorgeous!!! Steve is one lucky guy!!! Be sure and tell him! :)