Saturday, June 27, 2009

Placer County Fair

I'm sure that most of you will agree with me... I think it's safe to say that the freaks come out at the county fair!! Holy Hannah.... Steve and I would have gotten our money's worth if we had just sat there people watching the whole night. We blended in quite nicely with the tattooed, long-haired, drinking, smoking, half-dressed, delightfully happy people :) Just kidding... they weren't all like that, but there were quite a few.

Other than the freak show... we saw a shark exhibit and decided to pose for a few pictures with the little swimmers. See I am totally calm when the fish are in a tank :)
Steven and the Sharks
Me with the creepy sharks
The two... I mean three of us with the freaky sharks
♥
Steven also donated $2.00 to get three throws to sink a girl in a tank. He sank her all three times... he was the first one all day who was able to do it!! I am so proud of my little pitcher!
Steven warming up and getting ready to sink the girl in the tank.
The pitch :)
The girl before
The poor girl after... he dunked her all 3 times!!!
♥
They had cows, pigs and goats at the fair, too. They smelled so bad, but they were pretty darn cute!! Steve and I loved this little pig. I seriously could have climbed in his pen and played with him. He was my favorite by far.
Steve with the little piggy
What is up with his ears?
♥
They had all these weird looking motorized stuffed animals that you could rent for $4.00. I opted not to pay, but just sit on it and take a picture instead. This teletubbie was the funniest looking one, so he was the lucky one who got to be in the picture with me.
Me with Dipsy
♥
We always have to take pictures ourselves, but I am the uncoordinated one of the two of us when it comes to holding the camera, smiling and taking the picture at the same time. So here are our attempts at looking cute with the camera only an arms length away from us. I think they turned out quite nicely :) I think that we need to start stopping people to ask them to take the dang pictures for us from here on out.
My attempt to get a picture with the Ferris wheel
Steven's attempt #1
Steven's attempt #2

Steven's attempt #3... finally, success!!

3 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

I think the same thing EVERY year when we go! There are some white trash people there- who are very entertaining! What night did you guys go? We took the boys Saturday night,and had lots of fun too!

Lindsay said...

You are lookin' so cute! It's fun how we're so close in due dates!

Lailani Ali said...

I actually do fit in nicely at county fairs! Tattooed and eating cotton candy with a beer in my other hand. Ahhh I love fairs :)