Everyone except for Big Steve(who hiked it less than two weeks before we were there), Noah(12 months) and me(impregnated) hiked Half Dome in Yosemite during our family vacation. Thank goodness for being pregnant, right!?!? For those of you who don't know, Half Dome is a long and difficult hike with 4,800 ft of elevation gain, and is over 8 miles from the valley floor. The route Steve and his family took was close to 18 miles round trip. The final 400 ft ascent is steeply up the rock between two steel cables used as handholds... crazy!!
Half Dome
Everyone before they started the hike... all smiles :)
.
The Clegg girls before they started the hike... Jenn, Ingrid, Lauren and Marisa.
Steve during the hike up :)
Steve after making it to the top of Half Dome... hahah!! Classic! Everyone(except Taylor) on top of Half Dome.
The view from the top
Before they headed back down.
Steve and Lauren... notice the cables? Again, crazy!
.
The family(except Taylor again) on their way back :)
They all made it back alive! Poor Jenn got some serious blisters from her hiking boots and Steve had "food poisoning" on the way up, but I'll spare you all the colorful details of that story :) They were all glad to be back, but happy they were able to experience the hike. I think Steve wants to go next year with me.... we'll see :)
2 comments:
WoW! The view is awesoem! And that looks like so much fun! I am assuming that Taylor wasn't in the pictures because he was the one taking them? Anyways, very cool! :)
Haha, Steve and his "problems"...I think he had a few of those on the mission too...lol. I would never hike that- people die! Thank goodness for the pregnancy card. :) Glad everyone made it safe!
Post a Comment