Olivia's 1st Easter was wonderful :) The night before, Steve and I decorated the eggs we'd be using for her Easter egg hunt in the morning. I'm learning to be frugal, so I knew that Steve would rather me buy the cheapest egg dye. Because of this, the pack came with only the dye and nothing fun to decorate them with. We got creative and crafty and decided to draw on them instead. It was actually a ton of fun! I think we'll draw on a few eggs every year, just as a reminder of how once upon a time Mommy and Daddy couldn't splurge and buy the $3.00 pack of egg dye and chose to buy the $1.50 pack instead. Haha :) Anyways, we had a ton of fun decorating them together and can't wait for Olivia (and future Clegg kiddos) to join in the fun :)
In my family, it's a tradition for the Easter Bunny to hide our baskets. In the morning, we get to search for where he hid them :) Olivia's was hidden beside the couch and she found it pretty easily. She crawled...well inch wormed... to all of her new goodies. Grandma Janie sent her a beautiful dress, some Little People Olympians, her beloved Ring Pop (which we only let her have for about a minute, so don't judge) and a few other treats. She loved the Ring Pop though :) It was so cute watching her eat it.
The Easter Bunny remembered everyone in the family and brought Steven some fun treats. He got a little yellow basket with Jillian Michael's book called, "Making the Cut", a measuring tape, chewing gum and some Zone bars. The Easter Bunny wants us to be healthier this year apparently :) He brought me an adorable basket with a HUGE Hershey's Kiss and an adorable card. I love Easter :)
After finding our baskets and secretly keeping an eye out for hidden eggs.... we had our Easter egg hunt :) Steven made sure that Olivia found every last one. Next year will be lots of fun with an 18 month old. She's going to love celebrating the wonderful holiday!!
After our morning festivities, we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon watching Conference. It was such a blessing to hear the words of President Monson and the other leaders of our church. I love everything about conference. Listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, listening to the choir and congregation sing and, as cameras sweep over the crowd, seeing the thousands of Latter-Day Saints attending, seeing the kind faces of our righteous leaders as they convey messages of love and offer counsel, are a few reasons why I look forward to watching :) This year we noticed how many talks were focused on family relationships. Mothers and daughters, parents and children, etc. As a new mommy, I was listening more intently than I otherwise would have to talks on that subject. Great counsel was given to us and I'm looking forward to next month's Ensign so Steven and I can read through each talk together. We are so thankful that we are an eternal family and hope that our children understand the importance and significance of this wonderful blessing.
Overall, we had the best Easter ever! We are so grateful for our Savior and His atoning sacrifice.
Because of this, we have the opportunity to live with our Father in Heaven once again. He is risen. He lives.......
I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living head!
He lives to bless me with His love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply;
He lives to guide me with His eye;
He lives to comfort me when faint;
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears;
He lives to wipe away my tears;
He lives to calm my troubled heart;
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives to bless me with His love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.
He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend;
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!
He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death;
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives, all glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same;
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!
In my family, it's a tradition for the Easter Bunny to hide our baskets. In the morning, we get to search for where he hid them :) Olivia's was hidden beside the couch and she found it pretty easily. She crawled...well inch wormed... to all of her new goodies. Grandma Janie sent her a beautiful dress, some Little People Olympians, her beloved Ring Pop (which we only let her have for about a minute, so don't judge) and a few other treats. She loved the Ring Pop though :) It was so cute watching her eat it.
The Easter Bunny remembered everyone in the family and brought Steven some fun treats. He got a little yellow basket with Jillian Michael's book called, "Making the Cut", a measuring tape, chewing gum and some Zone bars. The Easter Bunny wants us to be healthier this year apparently :) He brought me an adorable basket with a HUGE Hershey's Kiss and an adorable card. I love Easter :)
After finding our baskets and secretly keeping an eye out for hidden eggs.... we had our Easter egg hunt :) Steven made sure that Olivia found every last one. Next year will be lots of fun with an 18 month old. She's going to love celebrating the wonderful holiday!!
After our morning festivities, we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon watching Conference. It was such a blessing to hear the words of President Monson and the other leaders of our church. I love everything about conference. Listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, listening to the choir and congregation sing and, as cameras sweep over the crowd, seeing the thousands of Latter-Day Saints attending, seeing the kind faces of our righteous leaders as they convey messages of love and offer counsel, are a few reasons why I look forward to watching :) This year we noticed how many talks were focused on family relationships. Mothers and daughters, parents and children, etc. As a new mommy, I was listening more intently than I otherwise would have to talks on that subject. Great counsel was given to us and I'm looking forward to next month's Ensign so Steven and I can read through each talk together. We are so thankful that we are an eternal family and hope that our children understand the importance and significance of this wonderful blessing.
Overall, we had the best Easter ever! We are so grateful for our Savior and His atoning sacrifice.
Because of this, we have the opportunity to live with our Father in Heaven once again. He is risen. He lives.......
I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living head!
He lives to bless me with His love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply;
He lives to guide me with His eye;
He lives to comfort me when faint;
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears;
He lives to wipe away my tears;
He lives to calm my troubled heart;
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives to bless me with His love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.
He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend;
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!
He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death;
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives, all glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same;
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
5 comments:
Where did you go for your egg dye? We got ours at Walmart and they had 9 colors plus all the fun things for $1.00. Then for $1.25 we got the glitter kind :) Shopping around for sales is really fun!
wow jenns I am so happy for you! your life sounds like it is amazing! You deserve the best and I wish you and I lived closer but I guess I'll just have to come visit more! i love you and tell steve and baby olivia hi for me! Miss you cuz!
Happy Easter! I loved reading your traditions, and your eggs are adorable! Olivia is a doll, and I loved all the pics of her too! :) I'm glad she had a Happy 1st Easter! :)
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I am glad you had a wonderful Easter! I am planning on going out to Colorado the weekend of July 17th and staying until Saturday August 21st. Hope you might be able to make it! I would love to see you! She is Beautiful!
BFF Lacey
You eggs turned out way cuter than mine Ms. Crafty! I don't know how you did it. i need to hang with you more often so that your craftiness rubs off on me. lol
Post a Comment