Friday, September 24, 2010

Countdown to Livi's Birthday... MONTH ONE!!

I have exactly 12 days until my little princess, Olivia, turns 1! I thought that I would count down every day by revisiting each month of her life thus far, ending (of course) on month numero 12 :) As I sit here typing, I have to fight back tears of both joy and sadness. I honestly can't believe a year has passed since this angel became a part of our family. Time really has flown by. Why does that have to happen?! Enough of my pity party. Here we go.....
Olivia
Month ONE
October

First day at the hospital :)

First night at home :)
First bath :)
First Birthday Party... but for Daddy :)
First HaLlOwEeN :)

First Month....over :(

♥OLIVIA♥

Here's a list of things you did your first month(the list is sorta short, obviously)...

♥ You could lift your head 90-degrees and would hold it for 20-30 seconds when you were on your tummy... sometimes longer especially when you were lying on Daddy's chest :)

♥ You could move your head from side to side when on your tummy.

♥ You smiled when you were nursing, falling asleep, but most often when waking up. You started to smile when we would talk to you while you were awake. Melted our hearts!

♥ You grined when you were content and happy.

♥ You started grabbing things.... like my hair :)

♥ You were(still are) always dainty ♥

♥ Your hands were always folded softly on your chest while you were in your carseat or in your face when you were sleeping :)

♥ You would sleep for about 6 hours at night, wake up, nurse, and fall asleep for another 3 or 4 hours before you'd be up for the day. Made Mommy and Daddy very, very happy :)

Here are some of the things you loved during your 1st month...

♥ You loved eating :)

♥ You loved dancing with Mommy. We put CMT or VH1 on in the morning and danced together. You never cried when we were moving to the music. Hehe!

♥ You loved when Daddy sang to you and tolerated it when Mommy sang to you. Just kidding. You loved when anyone would sing to you. Your favorite songs were: I am a Child of God in Polish, Skinnamarinkydinkydink, We're a Happy Family and Rockabilly Lullaby by the Backyaradigans...hehe :)

♥ You loved your bath more than anything!!!

♥ You loved being with Grandma and Grandpa Clegg and Aunt Missy ♥... still do.

♥ You loved video chatting Grandma Jane, Uncle Jason, Aunt Katie, Amy and Aunt Ang.

♥ You loved visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Shear, Great-Grandpa Shear and Uncle Ryan... still do :)

♥ You loved riding in the car.

♥ You loved taking naps with Mommy or Daddy or both :) You didn't even need to be asleep when we would lie down, but you would fall asleep easily just knowing that we are there with you.

♥ You loved your bouncy accompanied by the hum of the blowdryer.

♥ You loved your pacifier... yay :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love her newborn pictures, that's how I remember her. Happy almost birthday to Olivia!