Now that I went off on a random tangent, let me get back on track... Steven and his parent's own a business that's doing well enough that he is able to work remotely from 90 minutes away and commutes into the Bay Area only twice a week. Without that blessing, we wouldn't have been able to move back to Roseville. The most important reason why we chose to move is that Steven has recently become involved with a company that specializes in investment planning. He is so excited about the company and the opportunity he has to help families plan for their future. I won't go into too much detail because I'm not completely knowledgeable on all that it entails and wouldn't do it justice :) Maybe I'll have Steve post all about it in a later post. I'm more than positive that anyone who reads his post would be more than eager to hear more about it. Being in Roseville allows for Steven to expand the company further into the Northern California area. He couldn't be more excited about it :) I am overjoyed to see how happy and enthused he is about what he's doing!
Anyways, enough about that and let's get to the stuff everyone wants to hear about, the new house :) It is currently a work in progress, but little by little we are getting settled. The upstairs, although unpacked, is still no where near picture worthy. We just bought a new king sized bed, so we are working on making the headboard(we haven't even started) and deciding on the right bedding. Olivia also got a new bed and is also waiting on new bedding. The lack of bedding is inhibiting me from decorating both rooms. Steven's new desk just arrived the other day and has yet to be set up, so once those few things get completed we'll post some more pictures. The kitchen is a great size with beautiful black appliances and a brand new fridge with french doors and a bottom freezer. Although it's not mine, it is for the time being and that makes me happy :) We have a nice patio that is the perfect size for Olivia to ride her tricycle and for the hubby to BBQ. We have a fireplace that works by flipping a light switch, which makes it easy on me since that's the only way I know how to start a fire :) No cleaning the fireplace either. Me gusta. There is also a 1/2 bath downstairs. There are two bedrooms, a full bath and the master upstairs. The laundry room is also upstairs and, again, LOVE my appliances. I (I say "I" because let's face it, there is no "we" when it comes to laundry) have a beautiful GE front load washer and dryer. They make me deliriously happy :) Our master bath has a large garden tub and a shower, a separate room for the toilet, double sinks and a large walk in closet. We couldn't be happier with the place we call home.
I took a few quick pictures this morning, so they're not great, but you still get an idea of where we're living :) Ignore my little crazy baby in some of the pictures. She had just woken up and had a crazy case of bedhead.
5 comments:
Lovin the new place even if it isn't out our way. Also, the blog looks fabulous. Mine's on my to do list so I may be calling to find out some tips.
love it jenn...i think we shoudl mave a trip out there and view it FIRST hand, whadda say?! :)
Jen, I am so happy for you, Steve, Olivia and baby boy! Your home is beautiful, and I can't wait to see it! There is only 2 more weeks of school, and then we can actually hang out again! Whew! I miss you guys so much! It has been WAY too long! I am so happy you are back in Roseville (obviuosly I'm fond of my hometown)! And we will plan something soon- for real this time! Lol! Congrats on your beautiful rental, and love you girl!
It's gorgeous!
beautiful house!!! i need to come visit :)
Post a Comment