May was a fun and busy month. We, of course, had Cinco de Mayo(not a huge holiday, but a fun one), Mother's Day, a visit from Jenn and Noah, a trip to Santa Cruz and my birthday all in May :)
For Cinco de Mayo, I made our little family yummy enchiladas, rice, beans and chips and salsa. No Mexican dessert for us, but if I had made something it would have been Tres Leches Cake and it would have been absolutely delicious :)
For Mother's Day (my third one as mommy/mommy to be), Steven surprised me with flowers, a beautiful, sentimental card :) and spray tans!!! Holla! My husband knows me sooooo well. The sun has not been generous with us in Northern California so far this Spring and Summer is quickly approaching and we've got bupkis. He KNOWS that I love me some golden skin :) If I can't get the real deal, a healthy spray tan will satisfy my craving for some sun kissed skin! After I opened my gifts, we went over to Steve's parent's house for dinner and enjoyed every last bite. Delicious! It's wonderful living so close to family.
Jenn and Noah Bear came to town in May also! We LOVE having them here. We were able to go to the zoo together with Jenn's best friend Missy, Missy's daughter, Marley and Marley's dad, Johnny. Olivia and Marley are only 6 weeks apart and were so darling together. They just love each other. Noah is cute with both girls, so it was fun to have them all together. The Sacramento Zoo was a bit of a disappointment compared to the Oakland Zoo, Denver Zoo or Los Angeles Zoo(the zoos I'm used to). They don't even have elephants!! No me gusta. Overall, it was a fun day with great company and we got some cute pictures of the cousins together :)
Our trip to Santa Cruz was perfect! We went with our best friends, Trevor and Alisha and their cute girls, Shelby and Cora. Alisha took a ton of beautiful pictures that I will post later, but, for now, my pictures will have to suffice :) We stayed at Alisha's parent's beautiful beach house in Aptos. The view from their balcony was unbelievable. Being able to open the doors to the deck to hear the waves and smell the salty ocean air was more than rejuvenating. Especially for this prego lady, folks :) Since Trevor and Alisha are practically residents of that area, they showed us a lot of what the Northern California coast has to offer. For this Southern California girl, I was pretty skeptical that it would even slightly compare, but I was pleasantly surprised! I LOVED IT!!! Yes, the beach itself may not be as warm, BUT the beauty of the coast was unreal. We drove 17 Mile Drive, took in the views and drooled over the mansions that line either side of the road :) We stopped at Pebble Beach Golf Course and watched the boys put :) I'm sure that they will play a game there one day. Trevor is an incredible golfer who's played that course a number of times before, so maybe as Steven improves they'll set a date :) Haha! I know that Steve would LOVE it! To clarify, Steve is a good golfer compared to normal golfers, but Trevor is practically professional :) Seriously. I've never seen him play, so I'm jumping to conclusions based on all the tales that are told of his legendary golf skills.
We also went to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. We loved it! Being a hungry pregnant lady with cravings that are evoked by even the tiniest thought of some delicious food, I was pleased to be able to indulge in funnel cake, Dippin' Dots, and a fried twinkie :) Yum, yum, yum!! Olivia crashed in the car on the way and decided to sleep for the entire 2.5 hours we were there. She might have been a HUGE pill had she not slept, so I'm happy she was snoozin' :) Cora was an angel baby as always and Shelby was the cutest little almost 3 year old maybe ever! She cracked us up on one of the rides. She sat in this little whale that moved up and down as it went around in a circle. At first she seemed nervous, but as the ride started, she looked like she was having fun! Suddenly, she started freaking out!!! Haha! She was soooo stinkin' cute. We could tell that she was trying to keep it together, but would randomly cry or panic. I'm guessing the ride attendant is used to that sort of thing because he didn't seem phased by it :) Alisha got some incredibly hilarious shots of her smiling, then looking worried, then crying. Is it wrong that we all found it to be entertaining?! Can't wait to have a similar experience will Miss O. Our last stop at the Boardwalk was the carousel. Steve and Trevor were sooooo excited to go on it. I was questioning my husband's manhood for a moment until I noticed how many men were geared up and ready to get on the carousel. This particular carousel has these little metal rings that you grab and then you try to throw them into a clown's mouth. Hard to explain, but apparently it's appealing to people who are ultra competitive (cue the picture of Steve and Trevor on their horses). They were cracking us up!! They're like teenage boys when they get together sometimes. Hilarious!
We LOVED our trip to Santa Cruz almost as much as we love the Thompsons :) We can't wait to go again!
1 comment:
What a fun filled month! I spent a lot of time as a youngin' in Santa Cruz and this post brought back some terrific memories. Miss Olivia is growing up so fast and she's simply adorable!
Post a Comment