I absolutely LOVE celebrating birthdays! Growing up, my mom made such a HUGE deal about them. The house was decorated, presents were wrapped, breakfast in bed, lunch and dinner out, a special birthday cake of our choice, and a day where whatever we wanted, we got :) I'm so thankful that she tried so hard to make us feel special on our birthdays and that she's instilled that same enthusiasm in me.
October 25th marked the end of Steven's 27th year of life! I decorated the house with streamers and a Happy Birthday banner. He is trying to get back in shape, so he decided against our traditional birthday donuts and started his day with a trip to the gym instead. After the gym, we packed a lunch and drove to Folsom Lake for a little hike. That night we went to Olive Garden for Steven's birthday celebration dinner. The food was great, but the company was better! Thank goodness the kids were on their best behavior :) We picked up some DQ blizzards after dinner and headed home to carve our family pumpkin. Overall, the day was perfect! I love celebrating my baby's birthday :)
And for the record, I married the most incredible man. I love how our love has changed and grown over the years. Steven once compared each of us to an unripe banana. Haha! Although I was confused by this comparison initially, as he explained his reasoning behind this analogy, it made complete sense. We are "ripening" together. We are helping one another become that perfectly ripe banana :) Ok, so, it sounded a lot better when he was explaining it, but that was the gist of it! I love that he continues to work on himself daily. He prays, reads his scriptures and conference talks, listens to books on tape about strengthening our relationship, serves others, and continues to be an excellent example to me in all areas of his life. I consider myself to be extremely blessed :) I am so incredibly happy that my children have an incredible father. He adores them both immensely and I couldn't ask for anything more.
I love you, babe. Thanks for being my favorite.
2 comments:
I love celebrating birthdays too! Way to go for getting back in shape! Good for him!! :)
i love that he makes you so happy jen...there for i love him too!!
Happy birthday steven!
PS, MOVE TO UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment